All Saints and All Souls Photopost 2018, Archdiocese of Denver Scandal, Bishop Seratelli Is Implicated In Paterson, Cardinal Tobin Scandal, English Cardinal Accused Of Cover-up of R Tolkien’s priest son, Faithful Bishops Archbishop Cordileone Bishop Thomas Paprocki Archbishop Vigano Msgr Charles Pope, First World War Rare Traditional Mass Photos, Latin Mass, Modernist Palermo Archbishop Corrado Lorefice, Prophesies From The Book Of Daniel, Roman Catholic News, Saint Agnes of Assisi, Second Century Homily, The scandal of the modern Catholic funeral, The Society For The Defense Of Tradition Family And Property, The Two Towers. Bishops Go Bust in Baltimore, There is some good in this world and it’s worth fighting for, Viganò Family Attacked By Francis Allies
The Faithful Church
- Millennials, Authenticity and the Latin Mass – On Crisis Magazine
- Rare Photo Collection : The Holy Mass in the First World War – On Novus Motus Liturgicus
- All Saints and All Souls Photopost 2018 (Part 2) On Novus Motus Liturgicus
- All Saints and All Souls Photopost 2018 (Part 3) – On Novus Motus Liturgicus
- The scandal of the modern Catholic funeral By Peter Kwasniewski | LifeSite
The Good Bishops , Priests, and Religious
· Archbishop Cordileone calls for study of homosexuality-abuse connection | News | LifeSite
- A Bishop’s Call To Action – On gloria.tv Bishop Thomas Paprocki of Springfield says it’s time for the USCCB to take
action to combat the clergy abuse crisis — despite the Vatican’s request
for a delay on a formal vote on measures.
- “Archbishop Vigano’s allegations must be addressed” –On tv
“Archbishop Vigano’s allegations must be addressed. No stone must remain
unturned. Ignoring these allegations will leave a cloud of doubt over the
Church.” Francesco Cesareo, chair of the U.S. bishops’ independent advisory
panel on abuse.
- A Beautiful Apology to Traditional Catholics – By Msgr Charles Pope On Catholicism.org
- Modernist Archbishop “Excommunicates” Traditional Catholic Priest Father Alessandro Minutella – gloria.tv
- Synod 2018 Updates from Oct 14 – Fatima Center
- Sam Wise Speech in The Lord Of The Rings The Two Towers “There is some good in this world and it’s worth fighting for” – YouTube
St. Agnes of Assisi – On Nobility and Analogous Traditional Elites
Younger sister of St. Clare and Abbess of the Poor Ladies, born at Assisi, 1197, or 1198; died 1253.
- Bishops Synodality Up in Smoke. Exercises of Pontifical Monarchy in the United States and China -Magister On Settimo Cielo – L’Espresso
- The Infallibility of the Ordinary and Extraordinary Magisterium – The Critiques Of Modern Error – By by Robert J. Siscoe On The Remnant Newspaper
- Immanentism: Catholicism and Religious Experience, by D.Q. McInerny, Ph.D. – Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter – By denying the transcendence of God, it of course utterly falsifies the divine nature. To deny the transcendence of God is to refuse to acknowledge the fact that He is absolutely distinct from and superior to His creatures, and the result of doing that is to end up with a knowledge which, whatever else may be said of it, is not knowledge of the one true God at all. (It becomes the cult of man parenthesis emphasis mine)
The Bad and The Dissident In Revolution
- Pastoral Letter: U.S. Bishops Decry ‘Racial and Xenophobic’ Violence- “The entire body of bishops felt the need to address the topic of racism,” On Breitbart
- The Bishops Go Bust in Baltimore- Neumayer On The American Spectator –The USCCB’s uselessness as an agent of holiness is on display yet again.
- Bishop Seratelli Is Implicated In Allegations Of Homosexual Abuse Cover-up Of A Totowa Priest By A Seminarian Abused In 2011
- What a Web Theodore McCarrick Weaved – Neumayer On The American Spectator
- This week I learned from a well-placed source in New Jersey that Paterson Bishop Arthur Joseph Serratelli, who served McCarrick in Newark, is harboring a priest under state investigation for embezzling money to finance his gay lifestyle. The priest, Fr. Patrick Ryan, mysteriously announced in late October that he was taking “time away” from his parish, St. James of the Marches in Totowa, New Jersey, in order to deal with some “health” issues.“The real reason is that he has been stealing from the second collection for years and is under investigation,” says my source. “He has a Spanish lover and an offshore account.”Presumably, Serratelli will attend the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops meeting in Baltimore this upcoming week. If his fellow bishops are serious about exorcising the demons of McCarrick and his legion of enablers and protégés from the Church in America, they will demand answers from Serratelli about this unfolding scandal. But in all likelihood they will cover for him, just as they covered for his patron. Once again it looks like Caesar, the laity, and the press will have to do what the bishops won’t.
- Pope Francis is generating “heresies, schisms, and controversies”, Italian prelate Nicola Bux, a friend of Benedic XVI and adviser to the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, told the Italian Journalist Aldo Maria Valli
- Pope Bergoglio Journalists Use Viganò Family Dispute In Order to Sidetrack From Scandals – On gloria.tv
- Bishop Stika Attacks Raymond Arroyo – On gloria.tv
- Chilean cardinal confirms exit from Pope Francis’s advisory body amid mounting credible allegations- On Crux Now
- Bishop Olson Calls for Bishops to Rebuke Viganò – On CMTV
- US bishops’ advisory council: Investigate seminaries to prevent ‘predatory’ homosexual abuse | News | LifeSite
- The USCCB Issues A Final Statement Of Compliance With The Vatican Corruption
- President of U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops Makes Statement at Close of Public Sessions; Fall General Assembly, Baltimore Nov. 12-14 A process for investigating complaints against bishops reported through a third-party compliance hotline. We will complete a proposal for a single national lay commission and a proposal for a national network relying upon the established diocesan review boards, with their lay expertise, to be overseen by the metropolitan or senior suffragan.
- Finalizing the Standards of Accountability for Bishops.
- Finalizing the Protocol for Removed Bishops.
- Studying national guidelines for the publication of lists of names of those clerics facing substantiated claims of abuse.
- Supporting the fair and timely completion of the various investigations into the situation surrounding Archbishop McCarrick and publication of their results. We are grateful for the Holy See’s Statement of October 6 in this regard.
- Catholic church abuse scandal: New York parishioners put requests for bishop’s resignation in collection basket – CNN
- Denver archdiocese removed seminary vice-rector in ’07 Abused seminarian not helped by rules that apply to children
- Archdiocese of Denver removed priest after abuse allegations, but didn’t move to defrock him – On The Denver Post
- USCCB Review Board Chairman Says Some Bishops “Must” Resign Over Abuse – OnePeterFive
- Cardinal guilty of covering up sex abuse addresses US bishops’ conference | News | LifeSite
- English Cardinal accused of covering up abuse allegation against JR Tolkien’s priest son | News | LifeSite
- Cardinal Tobin still doesn’t get it. Nighty-night, baby. | Phil Lawlor On Catholic Culture
- And you still wonder why the bishops have lost credibility?
- Recent Archive – Zero Credibility – Pope Francis & The US Bishops – The TCE Drudge Report Round Up | TCE |
- Just wait. The bishops are going to take action. Pretty soon. Probably….. Trust them. | Catholic Culture
- In other news, Charlie Brown is rushing forward toward the football, and this time Lucy is sure to keep holding it…
In The Real News Is The Gospel
From the book of the prophet Daniel 9:1-4a, 18-27 Daniel’s prayer and vision
It was the first year that Darius, son of Ahasuerus, of the race of the Medes, reigned over the kingdom of the Chaldeans; in the first year of his reign I, Daniel, tried to understand in the Scriptures the counting of the years of which the Lord spoke to the prophet Jeremiah: that for the ruins of Jerusalem seventy years must be fulfilled.
I turned to the Lord God, pleading in earnest prayer, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes. I prayed to the Lord, my God, and confessed, “Give ear, O my God, and listen; open your eyes and see our ruins and the city which bears your name. When we present our petition before you, we rely not on our just deeds, but on your great mercy. O Lord, hear! O Lord, pardon! O Lord, be attentive and act without delay, for your own sake, O my God, because this city and your people bear your name!”
I was still occupied with my prayer, confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, presenting my petition to the Lord, my God, on behalf of his holy mountain—I was still occupied with this prayer, when Gabriel, the one whom I had seen before in vision, came to me in rapid flight at the time of the evening sacrifice. He instructed me in these words: “Daniel, I have now come to give you understanding. When you began your petition, an answer was given which I have come to announce, because you are beloved. Therefore, mark the answer and understand the vision.
From a homily written in the second century The living Church is the body of Christ
My name is constantly blasphemed by unbelievers, says the Lord. Woe to the man who causes my name to be blasphemed. Why is the Lord’s name blasphemed? Because we say one thing and do another. When they hear the words of God on our lips, unbelievers are amazed at their beauty and power, but when they see that those words have no effect in our lives, their admiration turns to scorn, and they dismiss such words as myths and fairy tales.
They listen, for example, when we tell them that God has said: It is no credit to you if you love those who love you, but only if you love your enemies, and those who hate you. They are full of admiration at such extraordinary virtue, but when they observe that we not only fail to love people who hate us, but even those who love us, they laugh us to scorn, and the Name is blasphemed.
Therefore, brothers, if we do the will of God the Father, we shall be members of the first spiritual Church that was created before the sun and the moon; but if we fail to do the will of the Lord, we shall be among those to whom it is said in Scripture: My house has been made into a robbers’ den. We must choose then, if we want to be saved, to be members of the Church of life.
You surely cannot be ignorant of the fact that the living Church is the body of Christ; for Scripture says: God made man male and female. Now the male signifies Christ, and the female signifies the Church, which, according to both the Old and the New Testament, is no recent creation, but has existed from the beginning. At first the Church was purely spiritual, even as our Jesus was spiritual, but it appeared in the last days to save us.
For the spiritual Church was made manifest in the body of Christ, in order to show us that if we uphold its honor in the outward, visible form, and do not defile it, we shall, through the Holy Spirit be made its members in the true, spiritual sense. For the body of the Church is a copy of the Spirit, and no one who defaces the copy can have any part in what the copy represents. In other words, brothers, you must preserve the honor of the body in order to share in the Spirit. For if we say that the body is the Church and the Spirit is Christ, it follows that anyone who dishonors his body, dishonors the Church. Such a man will have no part in the Spirit, which is Christ. But if the Holy Spirit is joined to it, this body can receive an immortal life that is wonderful beyond words, for the blessings God has made ready for his chosen ones surpass all human powers of description.
St. Agnes of Assisi