1 in 10,000 foot overview of Jeff Cavins Bible Seminar and overview of Great Adventure Bible Series
Over 500+ enthusiastic attendees fill auditorium style Church of Immaculate Conception in Somerville, NJ for an all day bible seminar hosted ‘in–person’ by Jeff Cavins
- Jeff Cavins presents the deep rooted Covenantal nature of Catholicism resident within Scripture. He presents in details the Jewish orgin and base of our Faith and it’s fulfillment within the Covenant established within Catholicism by the God-man, high Priest, victim, and Savior – Messiah of mankind
- He presents the methods of study towards this realization as found in Sacred Scripture by studying the storyline of the life of the Jewish peoples as found recapitulated in the beginning to never ending life of Jesus Christ
- His method follows the way the Bible was architected by it’s original Holy Spirit inspired Catholic authors by following the timeline through only 12 critically key books and the key chapters within them and relegating all other Scripture to secondary study supporting the main storyline which is the evolving fulfillment of each Covenant one by one …….
- Totally fascinating way of deepening our relationship with Davidic decendancy that we worship in Christ’s divinity and Sacred humanity
- This contributes to reshaping the way we see the Church, Our Davidic Queen and the participation of the Saints in the plan of salvation history and our march towards finding the road towards that life of perfection and beginning to follow in those footsteps ourselves
- You could actually see the Sacred Scripture restoration of the Catholic Church begin in this region as Jeff Cavins summarized in reminding us that we have been grafted in this tree that began with Adam Noah and Moses and WE possess the Covenant of Davidic fulfillment through a Eucharistic Trinitarian God in a Sacramental relationship with the Body of Christ but only as studied in Scripture while living it out as we continue to purge every known sin from our lives and the encouragement of our friends and family to do same
- Jeff Cavins began to wrap up by saying as we delve into these studies and begin to get to really know our Catholic Faith for the very first time Jesus begins to live out again his life in us as he lived out the several thousand years of salvation history of the Jews within his teachings and Body
- Cavins concluded by saying from the podium “No longer do we have to stand by and watch as our friends and children leave the Holy Catholic Church due to their lack of understanding of Scripture No longer do Catholics need attend an assemblies of god” !
The restoration has begun
There are simple and in-depth 12 and 24 week courses now available at a variety of Parishes throughout the tristate area (with very easy to use color coded systems and guided materials that can make even the novice Scripture student Scripturally knowledgeable
Also available, free through their websites, is a host of information, study data, and teaching methods to incorporate our whole family into this …”OUR” SALVATION HISTORY being lived out LIVE
However as everything must be seen in this day and age through the 1 in 10,000 foot view as well as that of this up-close and personal look at some of the ingredients of the restoration there is also the sociological and socio-political elements
The only thing that could eclipse an amazing story, such as this and the Sacred Scripture restoration of the Catholic Church, was the MOST GLARING issue of the absence of Roman Catholic Priests
In an audience of over 500+ all day attendees in the Scripture renewal Seminar (that included snack breaks as well as breakfast and lunch) there was a the total absence of Roman Catholic Priests, not less than expected but none = 0 in attendance, that I could see.
We knew going into this that there would be no Bishops even though there should be as many as could exceed the count on one hand in this area
We believed that there would be many Priests
By all rights there should be a minimum of 1/5 of the congregation of Priests and or 1/4 Consecrated Religious
Several factors are at work including the sins of pride and arrogance – Is it because they know the Scriptural salvation story line so well they need not attend –?! To the tune of 90% + you have to say by first hand experience, of the region’s Parishes, no way ……
Or is it denial as to how deep the crisis in the Catholic Church is at the moment ?! and or how the responsibility for the ‘en masse’ exodus of Catholics from the Church in post of Vatican II is by far majority originating from an onus, upon the consecrated religious
Look at it even from simpler terms. If a large music symposium & teaching seminar came to the Connecticut area for instance and you are in the professional music industry and are a professional musician and seek to propagate the high end academic music study, understanding and participation then you would naturally expect by all rights that somewhere between 30% and 50% of all professional musicians and music instructors from the greater Connecticut area would attend such a well-advertised in-advance event with a reasonable low cost. (To which I am sure religious need not pay for…except to assist donations for the color printed materials.)
But instead what was seen from the area priests, brothers, and religious was near zero – A lone nun was seen in the audience of 500+ lay people – Clearly that photograph alone, which I was not able to capture graphically, illustrates the crisis in the Catholic Church
It is to clear to the many involved in the various apostolates that the shift in the restoration movement is by majority in the hands of the faithful “lay people” in this era
Restoration in our time must come through the ‘orthodox lay faithful’
However there is a condrastinction at play here
Catholic traditionalists by nature discount the supplanting of religious with lay people as an output of the restructuring of the government of the Catholic Church in the 1960s from the Theocratic model that it always was from the beginning towards a more “democratic” collegial model (and I would add drastically more dangerous) through the college of cardinals and conferences and synods of Bishops, that it still to this day attempting to propagate into a reality of Church government
It is this unique development that is chained to the lowering of the high state of the Priestly class and the raising of the laity to a greater participation in all things previously reserved for the Priest alone from the time of the Church fathers to the time just before the Council
You would think that the philosophy of the laity needing to rise up – defend and renew the Church as the active component in this restoration to be “contradistinctly” running against that ‘traditional grain’ but it is not
In this era the Divine Maternity of the Blessed Mother in total Unity with the Holy Spirit is attempting to renew the face of the earth to the feet of Jesus with this very same laity
How many will rise to answer His call through this Intercession only salvation history will bear out for us through to the end and unto only the knowledge and the glory of our Lord
Let us pray for our Catholic religious and a renewal of their hearts – In the coming days through Lent -Let us pray for them to renounce their post conciliar formation and embrace the Trinitarian space between the two hearts from where All Grace flows
And to that measure let us remember the ends to which the Truth leads us ….to restore the weak and hungry first – eliminate oppression and false ecumenism (even when it is our own religious)
We’re being called by our ancestors to stand in the gap
From Isaiah 58 He will restore us even on parched or frozen land
“The ancient ruins shall be rebuilt for your sake, and the foundations from ages past you shall raise up; “Repairer of the breach,” they shall call you,“Restorer of ruined homesteads.”
This, rather, is the fasting that I wish: releasing those bound unjustly, untying the thongs of the yoke; Setting free the oppressed, breaking every yoke; Sharing your bread with the hungry,
sheltering the oppressed and the homeless; Clothing the naked when you see them, and not turning your back on your own.
Then your light shall break forth like the dawn, and your wound shall quickly be healed; Your vindication shall go before you, and the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard. Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer, you shall cry for help, and he will say: Here I am!
If you remove from your midst oppression, false accusation and malicious speech; If you bestow your bread on the hungry and satisfy the afflicted; Then light shall rise for you in the darkness, and the gloom shall become for you like midday;
Then the Lord will guide you always and give you plenty even on the parched land. He will renew your strength, and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring whose water never fails.
The ancient ruins shall be rebuilt for your sake, and the foundations from ages past you shall raise up; “Repairer of the breach,” they shall call you,“Restorer of ruined homesteads.”